Friday, May 30, 2014

May Glam Bag Review

Wow, I can't believe I've been with Ipsy for a year now! I'm so glad that I signed up last May, I have been introduced to so many new products and some I never would have tried before. If you would like your own, please use my referral link (http://www.ipsy.com/r/1bhk).

This month's theme was Fresh Picks. The bag is this really cute canvas bag with leaves on it. I love it for spring.




Here is what I got in my bag and my thoughts:





Avene Thermal Spring Water (Travel Size)





I'll be honest, I wasn't excited for this at first. I had seen Evian's version of this in a few places and found it gimmicky. But as I awaited the arrival of this product I did a little research, it also came with a little informative booklet. It has so many uses! You can use it as a toner, to help set makeup, to refresh makeup, to cool off on a hot day, diaper rash and on skin irritations. I get inevitably horrible eczema outbreaks in the summer, I can't wait to try this product on that. So far I have used it as a toner and to help refresh my makeup.

I haven't noticed any difference in my skin, I also haven't used it a lot to see a difference. But it is very refreshing and it did help to refresh my makeup. I'm excited to use this in the warmer weather. I have actually tossed this into my purse, it will come in handy when my best friend and I go on the adventures that we do during the summer while she's home from college.

Would I repurchase?: Yes

Calvin Kleine Endless Euphoria (Small rollerball)





I was expecting the rollerball I was given to be bigger, but this is a pretty expensive perfume so I am not too disappointed by the size. It was hard for me to pinpoint a description of this scent, so here is the description from the Sephora website:

"Refreshingly light and radiant, endless euphoria was created as a daytime counterpart to Euphoria. It translates the provocative fantasy of the signature fragrance into a sunlit daydream filled with cherry blossoms for an air of sheer sensuality.

The fragrance opens with a breeze of airy cherry blossoms on top, blossoming into uplifting violet at the heart, then drying down to sensual bamboo at the base.

Notes:
Cherry Blossom, Mandarin, Bergamot, Violet, Pastel Rose Accord, Syringe, Bamboo, Sandalwood, Bare Musk Accord.
Style:
Airy. Uplifting. Sensual."


I am not a bit fan of floral perfumes, but I do love Cherry Blossom. Unfortunately personally for me, this perfume was kind of meh. I'm very particular on what scents I like to wear. So I gave this one to my mother, who loved it. When I tested it out, the scent lasted all day.

Would I repurchase?: No, but if you like this type of scent then I would recommend it

Pacifica Mineral Eyshadow Duo in Moonbeam and Unicorn (Full size)




This eyeshadow duo was awful, which was disappointing. I had pretty high expectations. It felt sort of chalky and the pigmentation was not great. You had to really build it on for good pigmentation. The colors I got were a deep purple shade and a white. The purple was not a shade of purple that I would wear. I really just did not like this product.

Would I repurchase?: No way!

Eva NYC Therapy Seasion Hair Masque (Travel size)



The first thing that caught my eye with this product is the packaging, it is super cute and pretty! It came in a pink tube with a colorful ombré label. This product smells really good, though I can't pinpoint the scent. It left my hair really moisturized without being heavy or oily and it made my hair shiny. I have a problem with dry hair so this product is fantastic for me! I really loved it and would love to get the full size.

Would I repurchase?: Absolutely!

Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti Aging Sunscreen (Travel Size)


SPF is something that should be an important part of your beauty routine. This product although it will be useful was a little meh for me. I prefer my SPF in a moisturizer or a BB cream. I do not really like applying a sunscreen to my face under makeup. This is a pretty good sunscreen, though. It starts off white but will oxidize and blend into your skin. I haven't been out in the sun much lately so I haven't been able to test it outside.

Would I repurchase?: Probably not

No comments:

Post a Comment