Friday, March 8, 2013

Zoya Nail Polish Review


It amazes me how many people don't know about Zoya! Zoya is a nail polish brand free of five harmful chemicals ( toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde Resin, DBP, and camphor) that can be found in nail polish. Zoya nail polish is also long wearing and has so many different colors.

I had been eyeing Zoya's nail polishes for months on their website (www.zoya.com). One day on their twitter ( www.twitter.com/zoyanailpolish ) they had a contest to caption a picture. I was one of the winners of that contest! I was so excited when I won, not only did I win a really cool nail polish but it was Zoya, the brand I had been lusting over trying for months.

The day I got my package from Zoya I was in awe. I thought I was just getting one bottle of nail polish but to my surprise I got the Gilty Pleasures gift set. This set included the shades Raven, Purity and the Gilty top coat.

 


 

  I could do a review alone on the Gilty top coat. The gold of this topcoat is real 18K gold! It is so beautiful! Best of all it can be used with so many different shades of nail polish. I like it best over Zoya Raven. 



 Zoya Raven is a perfect black nail polish, I wear black nail polish a lot so this will definitely get a lot of use!


 Zoya Purity is the perfect white nail polish. It is so much better than the China Glaze White on White polish I had been using.



I also have Zoya Holly, a really pretty emerald green. This nail polish is perfect for this year, since Pantone's color of the year is emerald.





Zoya Holly with Zoya Gilty topcoat. I didn't realize until Vicky (she writes the Nails by Vicky posts on this blog) pointed it out that this would make a great St. Patrick's Day nail look.


The quality of these nail polishes is very consistently high. They are all very pigmented and they do last as long as they claim to. I was very impressed by Purity, I had never had a white nail polish that stayed so long.

The only con I have about Zoya nail polish is accessibility. It hasn't been as easy to get my hands on as OPI, Essie or China Glaze would be. The easiest place to find Zoya is through Zoya's website. You can find some colors on amazon and possibly eBay. Some beauty supply stores carry it as well. I am lucky enough to have a beauty supply store near me that has a regular supply of Zoya.

If you are a nail polish addict (like myself and Vicky) then you absolutely must have some Zoya! If you want to try Zoya, do it, these are great nail polishes!




No comments:

Post a Comment