Monday, February 18, 2013

Lush reviews


This post is going to be short reviews of some of the Lush products from my Lush haul (http://lipstickxzombie.blogspot.com/2013/02/lush-haul.html). I have already reviewed Lush Shower Jelly (http://lipstickxzombie.blogspot.com/2013/01/review-lush-shower-jelly.htmll). I will not be reviewing every item from my haul yet, I haven't tried everything yet but once I do I will post reviews.

My first review will be of the Toner Tabs.

I don't remember what the name of these Toner Tabs were, but I got them as part of Lush's after Christmas sale and they were buy 1 get 1 free. To use these you boil some water, pour it into a bowl and plop in one of these tabs. Then you stick your face over the bowl and cover your head with a towel. This will steam out your pores, cleaning out all of the dirt in them. Afterwards you wipe your face with the toner in the bowl. What I thing is even cooler about this product is that you can take that toner (cool it first) , put it in some sort of bottle and use it as a toner for about a week (make sure to keep it in the fridge). Even though $2-$3 may seem a bit much for one of these little tabs, they are effective and  you can get a pretty good bang for your buck. After using these my skin felt very clean and it felt soft.

Next up is the Cupcake Fresh Face Mask.


First off, I love this product so, so much! Lush Fresh Face Masks are only sold in stores, they are made with fresh ingredients and they will spoil within a few weeks. These also must be stored in the refrigerator. I keep mine in the freezer, which also helps it last longer. I have combination skin and I have been getting a lot of breakouts lately so I thought that this mask would help. It did! The very first time I used it I noticed a difference, it also minimized some of the redness in my face and made my skin very soft. Any time I wax my eyebrows I always get breakouts around my eyebrows. Twice I have used this mask right after waxing and I didn't get a single breakout. This mask is a life saver! It smells great and even though it doesn't look like a lot of product, I got many uses out of this pot. I am devastated that I'm out of it, I can't wait until I can buy more of this.

                                                           Popcorn Lip Scrub


 As mentioned in my previous post, this was part of Lush's after Christmas sale. My friend bought one and gave me the free one. I've been a little hesitant to buy one of their lip scrubs myself. When I first saw one in the store I thought, $10 for this little thing? I now kick myself for even thinking that! A little bit goes a very, very long way with Lush's lip scrubs. So $10 is actually a pretty good price. I've been using mine since early January 1-2 times a week and I haven't even put a dent into it. This is a really, really good lip scrub. It gets all of the dried skin off of my lips. It leaves them soft and flake free. It makes it so much better and easier for me to wear OCC Lip Tars and some of my more matte lipsticks. This lip scrub smells and tastes amazing, just like kettle corn. When this pot is dwindling I am most definitely going to buy the Bubble Gum scrub. I smelled it in the store and it smells heavenly.

                                                             Ocean Salt Facial Cleanser

The very first product from Lush's website that drew me in was the Ocean Salt cleanser. I really wanted to buy it to try it, but it is SO expensive! When I went to my local Lush, one of the sales girls gave me a sample of this. When I first used it I wasn't very impressed. I didn't think it cleansed my face well and it tasted (I accidentally got some in my mouth) and smelled like margarita salt. But, I tried it two more times using more product and now I absolutely love this cleanser. It is very refreshing and leaves my skin feeling great. It exfoliates and moisturizes well. I recommend only using this once or twice a week, if you use it ever day the exfoliation will be too much. That being said, I love this product and even though the price tag is very steep, I am planning on eventually buying this product.

The very last product I will be reviewing today is the Daddy - O shampoo.


I was looking at the shampoos at Lush and the sales girl asked me if I would like to try anything. I was overwhelmed by all of the different shampoos so I let her pick something for me. She picked Daddy - O because I have a lot of blonde in my hair since all of the different colors (the pink, blue and purple) have now faded away. The purple is meant to make blonde hair more blonde. After a few uses, it does work. I have one spot in my hair that is orangey from my faded pink hair (oh, how I can't wait to dye it again), this shampoo took away some of the orangeyness. My favorite thing about this shampoo is the smell. It smells so good! It has a lavender scent to it and the scent stays with my hair after shampooing.





No comments:

Post a Comment