Friday, February 7, 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Glacial Clay Spa face mask review

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for free, but this is my 100% honest review. 


I have always loved face masks, they were the first real skincare product that I used growing up. Montagne Jeunesse was actually my very first face mask (their chocolate mask to be exact). 



I received this mask sample from Pinchme, which is this really cool free sample service that I found. They send you boxes of samples of your choosing completely free. I was very excited to see that they were giving these masks away. So excited that I tried it out as soon as I got it.

So what exactly is this face mask? The packaging says "Crushed Arctic Cloudberries Glacial Clay Spa" and "sensational skin clean" also "clay infused fabric"

Yes, this is a fabric mask! Fabric masks (or sheet masks) are really big in Korea and are just starting to become a thing here in the US. I've been wanting to try one for a very long time. Fabric face masks are just masks made out of fabric covered in a face mask sort of serum that you put on. They are supposed to supply your skin with a ton of nutrients. 



Fabric masks are a bit different than your average face mask so it's important to follow the directions, which I did. The directions with this particular mask are:
Cleanse
Apply
Relax
Massage
Rinse

These directions come with diagrams so no worries. Just wash your face, put on the mask and chill for 10-15 minutes. Then take off the mask, massage whatever of the mask serum is left on your face and rinse.
When I took the mask out of the packet, I just laughed. It reminded me of Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre anyone?). It went on fairly easily and fit my face for the most part. If it is too large for your face, you can fold it over. When you fold it, it will stay on.

There isn't any picture of me wearing the mask (that would be scary) but here is what the mask looks like:



The mask formula is very thin, like a serum (which is why I have referred to it as a mask serum earlier in this review). It smells pretty good, I can't pinpoint what the exact scent is. It is very refreshing. This would be a great mask to use in the summer.

After taking the mask off and following the rest of the directions my face felt a bit tight, probably from the clay.  My skin felt extremely soft and smooth. It actually amazed me how smooth it was!

Overall, this is a fun face mask. It is a great way to pamper yourself. I expected a little more from this but I did love it. I would definitely buy this. 

These masks are new, I have never seen them in a store where I live. But I'm sure you could find them at a Walmart or any sort of drugstore that sells Montagne Jeunesse products. They are on Ulta's website for $2.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment