Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Glambag Review

This is belated (since it's February now) but it's finally time for my January Glambag review! If you would like to subscribe to get your very own Glambag every month please, please be super awesome and use my refferal link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1bhk .

The theme for this month is 19 reasons. The bag is really cute, it is supposed to be a city skyline made out of various bottles and tubes.



Without further ado, here are the products I received in my bag this month and my thoughts on each one.



Elizabeth Mott Shadow Stick in Pearl





I was really disappointed at the size of this. It is a small sample sized pencil, not a full size as I expected. But, I was really happy with the color. This shadow stick is a beautiful champagne color. I tried using it as an eyeliner on my waterline to brighten, but it wasn't noticable. I used it on the corner of my eyes and just outside of the waterline and it really brightened and made my eyes look more awake. This product is pretty creamy and glides on nicely. It is super sparkly though.

Apothederm Bright Skin Serum



I really hate giving incomplete reviews, but sadly I need to with this product. I was able to try this only once. Sadly the first time I went to try it, the pump was broken and I could barely get any product out. I was barely able to get enough for a full application out. This was a bummer, I was super excited to try this product. But I emailed Ipsy and a new one is on the way to me as I type this review.

From the little I was able to use, this serum went on pretty smoothly and I applied it mostly on the reddest areas of my face and some acne marks. It did seem a tiny bit sticky. I didn't notice any difference at first. But the next day my skin did look a little nicer. I can't wait until I'm able to try more.


Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural





I would say that this product is mislabeled. It was nothing like a tinted lip balm to me, it was more like a matte lipstick in a pot. It is very pigmented. It feels very lightweight and pretty nice, but it is drying. The texture reminds me of the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream. I feel that it stays on pretty well. The color I got I am not a fan of. The lighting in my picture above doesn't show the true color. In the pot it looks like a natural "my lips but better" shade. When I put it on, it seemed to have more of a brown tone.

Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissue



I am a makeup wipe junkie. I always like trying different once and I always need to have a pack (sometimes even a backup) at all times. They are just so useful! I always use one to remove all of my makeup before continuing with my skincare routine. Or when I'm just too tired to do my full routine I clean all of my makeup off with them. 

I got these in the pomegranate scent.  At first they smelled wonderful but after a little while of cleaning my face with them they didn't smell so great. The clothes themselves are very soft and somewhat flexible. They cleaned pretty well, I had a little issue getting some glitter off with these.  These are pretty good, but you may have some problems with stubborn eye makeup.


Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner


Because of Ipsy, I have been able to try many Sexy Hair products. This one I was pretty excited to try. My hair can get pretty dry sometimes. This leave in conditioner is very convenient. Just spray a little in wet or dry hair and comb/brush. It feels very lightweight and it does indeed condition well! It left my hair nice and soft. I like to use this on my ends after I get out of the shower. I got this in a travel sized bottle, which is perfect to toss in a bag and use any time you need a little pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment