Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Glambag Review

 Yup, it's that time again. Time for me to review all of the products I received in my Ipsy Glambag this month. If you would like your own (They're just $10!) please, please, please use this link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1bhk

The theme this month was a love/Valentines day theme. It came in this really cute bag:


 There was also a really cute pattern inside:



Without further ado, here is everything I got in my bag followed by my thoughts on each. 



                                                Pop Beauty plump pout lip gloss



This is the best lipgloss I have ever tried. I even like it better than Nyx's! Im not a huge lip gloss fan, but I can see myself wearing this one a lot. 

I got this in the shade Peony Petal. It goes on very pigmented, so you don't need to cake it on to get good color payof.. I only used the smallest amount possible. It is very smooth! Not sticky at all. It is also very lightweight. The formula is great. This is the best lip gloss formula i have ever tried. I even forget that I'm wearing it.
 
The only con: the size. It is a nice size for travel or to put in your pocket. But it's on the small size. Retailing at $16 a piece, there is way too little product for the price. However, despite the size this lip gloss is worth the price if you are a gloss lover.


                                         Jessie's Girl eye color collection in Behind Blue Eyes




I am not a big fan of the colors in this palette. I have blue eyes, so I do not really wear blue eyeshadow. This palette wasn't anything too spectacular, just ok in my opinion. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had gotten a different color selection. I haven't tried every single shade, but I did try a few. What I did try was a little chalky. I used them without primer, I didn't get super pigmentation. With a primer, however I'm sure the pigmentation would be great.


                                                             Zoya nail polish in Odette



Zoya is my favorite nail polish brand, I am always happy to get more. This color is from the new Natruel line. Zoya describes this color as being "Sultry orchid maroon cream". I would say that it is a mauvey purple. It is a beautiful color. As always with Zoya, it has amazing pigmentation and wear. I have never gotten better wear from any other brand.

                         Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight waterproof eyeliner in Starshine





I was really excited to try this product, I will from time to time watch HSN and QVC when they show makeup. I have seen Mally Beauty featured a few times and I have always been curious as to how their products are. 

That being said, I was hugely disapointed. I first tried to use this on my waterline and it would not even show up. It was too rough and wouldn't leave any pigmentation. I tried  using it in the corner of my eye and got much better color payoff, but the eyeliner wasn't creamy as I expected. 


                                                    Uberbliss Straight Efect Rituoil 



This is a hair oil made to tame frizz. I don't really have an issue with frizz, but I do have a problem with staticy hair. I didn't try this as directed (applying to hair, blowdrying then straightening) but I did try it on my ends. It seemed like it helped to moisturize my ends and it smells really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment