Friday, December 20, 2013

Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser and Intensive Hair Repair Masque review

I am ridiculously backed up on my reviews right now. There are so many products that I have shown in hauls that I haven't gotten to reviewing. I do intend to review them as promised, it's just taking me so long. Here is two of those products. Instead of reviewing them separately, I will be reviewing Salon Grafix Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser and Intensive Hair Repair Masque together today, as they are a system, I have had these products for nearly a year now and just got backed up on reviewing them. The good thing about that is that I have had more time to try these out.

I'm not completely sure how I stumbled upon these products, but I know I found them while researching Wen. I had heard in a few places that this was a dupe of Wen. With Wen being way out of my price range, I thought it would be cool to try this product. I was able to get both of these at CVS. I have heard that Walmart may carry them too. At the time, the hair masque was on sale.

I got both of these in the citrus creme scent. With some reviews I read before purchasing, some people hated this scent. I really like it though, it smells like oranges.

Let's Start with the Conditioning Cleanser. It comes in a pump bottle, which makes it easier to use. I think the packaging was also to try to make it look a little like Wen. I like how the bottle allows you to see how much product is left.


There are directions on the back of the bottle that tells you how many pumps to use based upon your hair type and length. I have really long hair, so I tend to use 4-5 pumps. This doesn't foam up. On the bottle it claims to be color safe. I haven't dyed my hair in a while so I can't confirm this.

After following all of the directions on the bottle, my hair comes out very smooth, soft, moisturized and shiny. I have heard of Wen doing this to your hair. I however have never gotten that volume with this product that many people say they get with Wen. Regardless if this is a Wen dupe, I like it. My hair can get really dry and this is the perfect pick me up for it.

Now on to the Intensive Hair Repair Masque.



One word of advice: Don't use this right after using the conditioning cleanser. It may make your hair greasy or overly moisturized. If I use this, I use a different shampoo with it. There are directions on the back of the bottle. You basically use this as you would with any deep conditioner, put it all over your wet hair and let it sit. It recommends using a wide tooth comb with this to evenly distribute product. I use this every once in a while when my hair is feeling dry or when I feel like pampering myself. After use, my hair feels very conditioned and it will be very soft. I really like it and think it would be perfect for anyone with damaged hair. This is the only deep conditioner I have used, so I don't know how it compares to any other ones.

Over all, I do really like this system, although it isn't such a good idea to use the hair masque with the conditioning cleanser. On their own however these are wonderful products. I'm not so sure on the Wen dupe claims, but I would say it is a good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment