Thursday, November 7, 2013

October Glambag Review

Yes, it is November and I'm finally reviewing the Glambag for October! I got my bag a lot later that usual. If you would like to get your own glambag, please be super awesome and use my refferal link ( http://www.ipsy.com/r/1bhk ). I'll give you a shoutout if you do. If you still don't know what a Glambag is, for $10 a month (plus free shipping) you get 5 beauty products full and deluxe sample sizes in a cute makeup bag. The bag values are always way over $10.








This month's theme was the art of beauty. The bag its self is white with pink writing on the front and a pink zipper. Ipsy (the company that makes glambags) purposely made the back of the bag blank so that your own artwork could be put on it. I of course, decorated the back of mine:

                                     I did this by just sketching it out and painting it with acrylic paint.

Anyway, here is my review of the products I recieved:

Zoya Nail Polish in Giovanna


 
I already love Zoya's nail polish. I had a few prior to this bag and was really excited to get another. Everyone received 1 of 3 nail polishes from the fall 2013 Cashmeres and Satins line. I got Giovanna, a beautiful metallic teal/green color. I honestly was hoping for one of the other colors (seemingly a purple and a pink) because I own so many green nail polishes. But this one was different than any other green I own and it is beautiful. 

I don't have many metallic polishes so this was a nice change. The formula as always is great. Zoya nail polish always applies opaquely and evenly. It also lasted as long as any zoya polish. I kept it on for about 5 days before removing (for Halloween) and I didn't have a single chip. Zoya is the longest lasting nail polish brand I've ever tried and they are allso free of the "big 5", the most harmful chemicals found in nail polish.

Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers in Navy 




I had never heard of this brand before. I thought it was just a typical mineral eyeshadow. I was in fact right that this is a loose mineral eyeshadow, but it isn't typical. It is very versatile, the Bella Terra website boasts that this eyeshadow is an 8 in 1 product that can be used as creamy eyeshadow, eyeliner, nail polish, mascara, matte eyeshadow, lip color, body glitter and hair streaks when certain bases are added to them.
I used mine as an eyeliner. I mixed a drop of Elf Makeup Lock & Seal (a great eyeliner seal) with some eyeshadow and applied as a liner. The color is more blue than navy, i expected it to be darker. But it is still lovely. It lasted all day. This is a pigmented eyeshadow, I did not need to use much of it.

Coastal Scents Medium Eyeshadow Brush






This one product I haven't been able to use. My mom saw this brush in the bag and immedietely took it. I can say when I felt it while taking photos for this post, the brush bristles are very soft and the handle seems pretty sturdy. It seems like a great eyeshadow brush.

Ole Henriksen Truth Creme advanced hydration




I got a small deluxe sized jar of this. It is a moisturizer. I actually really love it. A little goes a long way. It is very moisturizing and it smells really good. Many people don't like the scent, but I love it. It has a spiced orange scent. This product provides anti aging benefits, I'm not old enough to need or even notice any. This overall is a great moisturizer. I would totally buy a jar if it wasn't so expensive.

Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray



Ok, I'm just going to say it: I didn't like this product. at first I saw the word "texturizing" and thought sarcastically "great, another texturizing product" as I have too many already. But when I actually got this I was baffled...what is it that I actually use this product for?

The words Spray Clay really threw me off. There also weren't any directions on the can. I did a little research on how to use it and tried it out. I went to sleep in damp braids so that I would have some waves to work with (my hair is very straight) and I liberally sprayed. The scent of this is horrible and very overwhelming. It is a hairspray. I didn't notice any texturizing effects, but it did hold the waves all day.
If you want a good texturizing spray, but Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Beach Spray or Not Your Mother's Beach Babe. They actually do what is promised and smell great.

Overall, this was a good bag although not my favorite. I liked the Truth Creme, the Zoya nail polish and the Bella Terra eyeshadow. Many sneak peaks for the November bag are already out, that bag looks like it will be great, at least for me. We will found out how good everything is at the end of next month or beginning of next month when my review will be posted, so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment