Saturday, March 16, 2013

Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe™ Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Disclaimer: The travel size of the product was given to me complimentary from Influenster. The full sized bottle was purchased with my own money.

 I know I have reviewed this before, this is an updated review. I have a few things about this product that I couldn't mention in my original review and I also would like to compare the full size to the trial size I received in my VoxBox.

If you don't know about Not Your Mother's hair products then you are missing out! They have a wide range of great products at very low prices.

My favorite product of theirs is the Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. I had owned the full sized product before (more about this later), so I was very excited when I opened my VoxBox to see a travel size of Beach Babe.




On the bottle, Not Your Mother's claims:

Now everyday can be a day at the beach...minus the sunburn. Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a lite matte finish to any hair type. Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

Beach Babe is easy to use, just spray it liberally all over your hair and scrunch it up. That's it! When I go out I like to spray Beach Babe and then scrunch my hair as tightly as I can into a claw clip (a nice big octopus claw clip works best), then do my makeup as the spray dries. It's perfect for when you want to add some style and volume but you don't have the time. You can also use this on wet or dry hair, personally I have found it works better with dry hair.

It also smells amazing! It has a coconut-ty tropical scent that makes you want to see it just for the scent.

This product does indeed work, but my hair does not hold a curl or a wave well so it sadly doesn't last long in my hair. This is just me, however and if your hair can hold a wave or curl well this should work much better on you.

I mentioned before that I used to own the full sized bottle of this spray. One day while my mom was getting something from the cabinet where I store my hair styling products it fell and the bottle broke! Right at the very bottom of the bottle and product went everywhere. If you buy this spray keep in mind that it is in a plastic bottle and if it falls, it will break.






 Here is the fullsized bottle so you can see how they differ:

                                                   


The design of the full sized bottle is a little more complex (but not difficult to use). There is a tab you have to move to open and close it. The tab could be moved easily in a bag, so I am very thankful for the travel size. The travel size has a normal pump and a cap. The cap doesn't fall off easily so there won't be product all over your bag. Although I do love the pump on the full sized bottle more, the  pump on the travel sized bottle is more practical.

 
I overall love this product and I will of course re-buy the full sized bottle and when I use up the travel size I will replace that as well. There is also a cream version of Beach Babe available now and I would love to try that to see how it compares.

For more about Not Your Mother's products visit: http://bit.ly/X9D4gH . For more on Beach Babe Visit: http://bit.ly/14G5TDQ .

No comments:

Post a Comment