Sunday, April 27, 2014

April Glambag Review

Hello lovelies!! It is that time again! As always, if you would like a Glambag of your very own please, please use my referral link:  http://www.ipsy.com/r/1bhk  !

This month's theme is beauty rocks. Since it is my birthday month (where are all of my fellow April babies at? April 30 for me!) I was so excited to get a theme like this. Rockstar beauty is basically my style. I am heavily influenced by my favorite rock/metal/alternative bands.








I love the bag for this month, it is so cute! I will definitely find a use for it. Now on to what I got in it:

                         Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti Acne Treatment (Travel Size)





I was a little confused when Ipsy gave me this product. In my introduction survey, I put my skin type as dry. My skin does, however change to combination during a certain time of month and during the summer months so I can find a use for this.

I happened to have a little breakout when I got my bag this month so it was as good a time as ever to try it.
The tube I got is a travel sized tube, the smallest one (.5 oz) available on the Sephora website. It is a pretty good size for travel sized. This primer is a clear silicone based one. It glides on nicely and absorbs quickly. It didn't feel drying at first, but after a few hours of wear it started to feel dry. It also started flaking off towards the end of the day. It did keep my skin matte.

As for the anti acne aspect, this primer contains willowbark extract, ancient African tree bark extract, and Vitamins F, C and E. This primer claims to be able to help heal acne, soothe inflammation and protect the skin. I personally felt none of these benefits, but you probably need to continue using this primer every day for a certain amount of time for it to work.

                                       Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil (Travel Size)




Although travel sized, this is about 3/4 the size of the full sized pencil. The shade is called Black Velvet. As with any other UD eyeliner I've tried it glides on like butter. I really loved the velvet like, more matte finish. The color is very black! It is the blackest I've ever worn. It stays on all day even on my waterline. I would definitely buy the full sized.

City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlight mousse (Full Sized)



                                                    (Inner cap to keep product protected from air)




I was really excited for this product, but personally it was a bit of a let down. This can be used as a highlighter or a cream eyeshadow. The amount of product isn't much, but a little goes a very, very long way. It is very pigmented, but for me anyway too pigmented to use as a highlighter. This also is a messy product to work with. You need to dip your finger into the little jar to use and the product can get everywhere. It may work out better for those of you reading this, but personally it didn't work great.

Demeter Jasmine Perfume Oil Roll On (Roll On - Basically Travel Size)





I'm normally not a huge fan of floral perfumes. I favor sweet and fruity scents. However, I surprisingly loved this! It smells like fresh cut flowers, a perfect spring scent. The scent lasts all day and isn't over powering. The fact that this is an oil is a big part of that, as oil tends to stay on skin better. I would love to try the spray version to compare.

Mary Kay At Play Jelly Lip Gloaa in Teddy Bear (Full Size)





I'll be blunt: I really did not like this product. For starters, I'm not much of a lip gloss person. It has to be a really good lip gloss for me to use it. This is not one of them. It was pretty horrible: very sticky and thick. The color is sheer, but it felt heavy. The shade, Teddy Bear is a nude color. I didn't test wearability because I couldn't stand the stickiness of the product.

Overall, I was kind of disappointed with this bag. I didn't get any of the products that I really wanted (The Lollitint, the Rainbow Honey nail polish and the Acid Pink Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm) but I luckily found some products I did like.


No comments:

Post a Comment