Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tutorial: How to apply false eyelashes

 I apologize for the lateness of this post, I had it scheduled to post last week, but for some reason it never posted.


All products in this post EXCEPT the false eyelashes were bought with my own money. I was given the false eyelashes complimentary from Influenster.


So many people are intimidated by false eyelashes, thinking they can never apply them. There are a few different types, strip lashes (which is what I'm using in this post) are super easy to apply! Still need a little help? I've got you covered.

First pick out the eyelashes that will work best for you. There are so so many brands and styles to choose from out there. Pick something that will work well with the look you are going for.
In this tutorial, I am going to use Kiss's Looks So Natural lashes in Pretty.



First what you need to do is take the eyelashes out off the box. Then slowly peel one out of the tray. Hold it up to your eye to see how it will sit, how it will fit.



If it seems too big or too long, no worries. Just take a small pair of scissors and cut them to fit you. You can cut pieces from the strip to make it fit you, like so (follow the red lines):



You can also trim the lashes if they are too long. Keep in mind if you trim them like this, you may ruin the effect. But it is possible to do.



Now that you've tailored your lashes to fit you, get your tools ready! You will need eyelash glue and one of the following:


 your fingers (of course)

(Optional) A pair of tweezers



or

(Optional) An eyelash applicator



 Eyelash glue



Many sets of eyelashes come with mini packets of glue. I do not reccomend using these. I reccomend buying a tube, eyelash glue isn't usually expensive.


Pick up your eyelash with your fingers, a pair of tweezers or an eyelash applicator.



Next put some glue on the band.




Wait 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky. Then slowly apply them, starting at the outer corner of your eye. Press them on, hold and wait for the glue to dry.

 Note: putting on eyelashes will most likely screw up your eyeliner, as it did to me below. So make sure to have it handy after the application. I also totally forgot to take a better picture after I fixed my eyeliner -_-'.





There you go! Now you have applied false eyelashes. At this point, you can also apply mascara and curl the lashes to help blend them to your own natural lashes. Also fix your eyeliner if messed up.

1 comment: