Friday, March 14, 2014

Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask Shine Away Review

Disclaimer: The product featured in this review was given to me complimentary from Influenster. However, this is my 100% honest review. I was not paid to say any of it.

I received this mask in my J'Adore VoxBox from Influenster. I was pleasantly surprised to see this, as when the pre survey asked about face masks, I was expecting something from Freeman or Montagne Jeunesse. I am definitely a fan of Boots. My mom used to buy their products a lot when our local CVS carried the brand. She used to give me the eyeshadow colors she ended up disliking. Their products had always been top notch quality.




 I really like the packaging. It is very simple. Just a sticker wrapped around a clear plastic tube. Although I love pretty, cute and bold packaging, I like how this has simple packaging. Boots is letting the product speak for its self rather than the packaging. It has a screw top lid.


Even though I had high expectations going in, I was very impressed by this mask! I tried it on my weekly face mask night with my mom while we were marathoning True Blood (Anyone else watch? Who's ready for the new season?) . When I squeezed some product from the tube, too much came out. This is due to the watery formula. If you shake the tube before use it does help a little. I do like the consistency, you don't need a ton of product and it goes on easily. Just be careful when squeezing from the tube.

The mask is a dark grey-green color. It dries to a lighter green.

We sat for 10 minutes to let this mask work its magic until it was dried. When I looked in the mirror, I was amazed. There were all of these black dots on my nose where the mask pulled impurities from my pores. My mom had similar results. When I washed it off the spots were gone and my skin looked (and felt) very clean.

The 2nd time I tried it, I got even better results. More crud was pulled out of my pores.
This mask reminds me of a certain high end one, but at 1/6 of the cost! And it really does work. It will make your face feel dry, but apply a good moisturizer and you will be good as new. This is suitable for all skin types, especially those with oily skin.

I love this face mask so much, I may need to have a 2nd face mask night every week just so I can continue to use my other face masks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment