Friday, October 18, 2013

Simple zombie nails tutorial

Hello lovelies! As I stated on my personal instagram (not sure if anyone that reads this blog follows me) I am posting a tutorial for the Halloween nails I did for this week. I know I showed a picture of this design last year, but I didn't fully go in depth on how to do it. This is a super easy design, so if you don't like doing complicated designs that take hours, this is the one for you. I tend to do this every year because it's pretty quick and I love zombies.

So here is what you will need:

-Bright green nail polish
-Some sort of black nail polish nail art medium (I'll get more into this in a moment)
- Top coat
- Optional glow in the dark top coat

To begin with, these are the products that I used:

They are Essie Mojito Madness and a Miji black nail art pen. If you do not have any sort of nail art pen, you can do this design with any black nail polish and a fine pointed nail art brush or even a toothpick.

The first thing you need to do is paint your nails with the bright green nail polish, then let them completely dry.


This next step is optional: add a glow in the dark top coat. I did this step using China Glaze Ghoulish Glow.

It is a great glow in the dark top coat. It isn't completely sheer so if you don't want it to affect the color of your polish, apply a very thin coat. I accidentally applied a coat thicker than I wanted to, but it actually enhanced the green making it look more zombie-ish. The color when glowing is green and it glows brightly.

As I was doing this tutorial I completely forgot to take pictures of the design as it went along (oh, no! D: ). So I made some little diagrams to show you step by step how to do it. The diagrams are probably easier to see than if I showed pictures of it on my nails.

First take your black nail polish and whatever method you may be using, and draw a line like so:

Next, draw small lines across the diagonal line to make it look like stitches.

You could leave your nails just like that, I left a few like that but I went on and added some half circles in the corners of some of the nails like this:

Then add the lines to the circles, as you did the diagonal line.



Now just add a topcoat (Seche Vite is my favorite) once all of the lines are completely dry and you are finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment