Friday, August 23, 2013

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask review

I had been hooked on the Cupcake Fresh Face mask for a while. Lush has so many other face masks that I decided to try some of their other masks (also because Cupcake would be super drying to me at times). Among my favorites are Oatifix (which I will be reviewing soon) and Catastrophe Cosmetic. I had gotten a sample while in the store one day and fell in love at first use. I absolutely had to buy it! Sadly, it took me about four trips to my local Lush to finally buy it. Why? Every time I went it was completely sold out! People either loved it as much as I do or I came on the day before a new shipment came.



Anyway, onto this product and why I love it.

Lush's Fresh Face masks are made with fresh and natural ingredients. They have a short shelf life and they have to be kept in the fridge. Because of that, they can only be bought in store. I keep mine in the freezer and they actually last much longer.

 (It looks weird in the pot, this is because of how the product settled in my bag before I was able to get home and pop it in the fridge)

Some of the ingredients in Catastrophe Cosmetic are fresh blueberries, calamine powder, Irish moss and almond oil. It smells amazing, like a mixture of the blueberries and calamine. To me, it is a calming scent. This mask has antioxidants which are great for your skin. This mask cleanses your pores very well. The calamine in it leaves a calming effect, which is great for those with redness in their face like myself. It is a blue-grey color with little flakes of blueberry throughout. The consistency isn't too thick, so you use a little less product than you would if you were to use Oatifix.

After using, my face always feels very soft and clean. My face smells really good and my redness is calmed down. If you would like a redness calming product or a product that will help clean our your pores after wearing a lot of makeup, you should try this. And if you love face masks, definitely give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment