Friday, June 21, 2013

Smashbox Try It Kit Review and Primer Comparison

When I saw this kit at Sephora, I had to buy it. I had never tried any products from Smashbox. I love little try it kits like this so of course I was so happy to get it.





This kit costs $19 and contains deluxe sample sizes of 5 products.

Photofinish Lid Primer: 




(Please ignore the background of some of these pictures, I had to take them outside)

This is a great primer. Every time I have worn it, my eyeshadow has lasted all day. The color is darker than the primers I'm used to using ( Elf Essential eyeshadow primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original and Eden) I wish it was lighter like these primers. It has a doe foot applicator (show above) and is very easy to apply.

Hyperlash Mascara:





This is my new favorite mascara, it is literally the best I have ever used. It separates, volumizes and lengthens. With my already long lashes, this mascara makes them look like false lashes. I also love the brush on this mascara. It has a kind of comb on it and it works wonderfully. Whenever all of the mascara samples I have from various sampler kits run out, I definitely want to buy this.

Limitless Eyeliner:






At first, I loved this eyeliner. It is a great shade of black, it's creamy and it glides on smoothly. But it didn't last long and it runs.


Photofinish Foundation Primer:




I have wanted to try this primer for so long. So many people rave about it. I have been using Elf Mineral Face Primer, which people claim is a dupe for this Smashbox primer. But how do they compare?

The Smashbox Photofinish foundation primer is clear, like the Elf primer. The Smashbox primer is thicker than the Elf primer, it also doesn't feel oily like Elf's primer can. I think the Smashbox primer is better than Elf's. Elf's primer is still a good primer, though.

I love the Photofinish primer. It keeps my foundation on all day and it eases application. This is now my favorite primer. I definitely want to buy the full size, but this is a really expensive primer.

Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume:





This is an alright lip gloss. It is pretty and in a universally flattering color. It is very shimmery. It isn't as good as some other high end glosses that I've tried (Urban Decay Lip Junkie and Too Faced Glamour Gloss). It is a tad bit sticky, while the other glosses aren't. I feel that someone who absolutely loves lip gloss would really like this. I'm not a lip gloss junkie, so I am very picky with lip gloss when I decide to wear it.

Overall this is a good kit if you want to try some Smashbox products, I'm so glad that I bought it.


No comments:

Post a Comment