Friday, May 3, 2013

Elf Maximum Coverage Concealer Review



I posted an Elf haul a few weeks ago asking what Elf products you, my readers would like to see a review of. Thank you, Vicky for naming a product!

Today's review will be on Elf's Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer.

Although I love my beloved Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer, I wanted to try something different under my eyes and a with little lighter coverage. Glamoflauge is great, but it would crease under my eyes so much.  I also don't always feel like wearing heavy duty concealer. So I decided to try this Elf concealer.

There is a good color selection for a concealer. The shade I will be using in this review is Porcelain.



The concealer comes in a squeeze tube, which is a pretty good size for a concealer . I believe it is the same packaging as the Studio Tinted Moisturizer. It is easy to control how much product you want to squeeze out.



The concealer is pretty creamy and feels a lot different than my normal concealer. It is a nice difference. It blends very well and it doesn't feel cakey or dry. I would say it has medium coverage. The coverage is good, it covers nearly all of my redness, but it doesn't completely cover the dark circles under my eyes. When I mix the Elf concealer with a little of my Glamoflauge, it completely covers them.

Before applying concealer:


After applying concealer:


Please note: The concealer wasn't too dark for my skin, I have terrible lighting in my home and it is difficult to  get the exact same lighting in every single picture.

This isn't the absolute best concealer out there, it will not cover everything, but it is a great concealer. For a $3 concealer it covers well. It is definitely worth the try. If you want a heavy concealer that will cover everything, this is not for you. If you want something that isn't heavy  but will cover a decent amount, try this. In all, I really like this concealer. I've found myself using it a lot since I've gotten it. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment